BBoy for Life story line
Being a BBoy in Guatemala City carries with it a heavy burden and risk that not all can carry. Gato’s brother was shot and killed by gangs for not identifying other BBoys in his neighborhood.
Many BBoys in Guatemala City live in the ghettos, right next to some of the areas most dangerous gangsters. Because of these gangs lives are crushed and ruined because of violence. BBoys get caught in the middle of this violence.
Leidy is an active gang member who is only 3 days out of prison. Leidy spent 3.5 years in prison for extortion. Extortion was the least of Leidyʼs crimes, but it happened to be what she was caught for. Leidy has a murderous past where she survived on the streets by stealing and killing. Despite Leidy being a mother of 2 boys, she continued her destructive streak until she met the BBoy community.
BBOY for Life documents the struggles of not only break dancers but gangsters. Throughout the film, Leidy struggles with the implications of leaving the gang. Leidy understands what threat this would bring on not only herself, but her entire family.
Despite this threat, Leidy chooses the path of peace and digs in deeper with the BBoy community. Leidyʼs son Jarodht who is 10 years old desires to learn to break dance after seeing Cheez & Gato perform at a street battle. Leidy and Jarodht together seek a sense of renewal through their new found friendships.
BBoy for Life is a human interest story that exposes not only the threat Guatemalans face on a day to day basis, but also the journey toward a life where peace and hope shine more brightly. BBOY For Life has everything you love in a story: triumph over adversity, redemption, forgiveness, love, dreams, and brotherhood– but it’s better. Because it’s true.
- Short Synyposis:BBOY for Life is a powerful story of struggle, loss, hope and victory. Cheez & Gato are 2 of the best BBoy’s in all of Central America. Together, they and the Poker Crew battle in the streets against some of the worlds toughest gangs and on stage to compete against other dancers who are battling to be the best BBoys in Central America.
- MPAA: Rated PG-13
- Duration: 1:20:43
- Released: December 17, 2013
- TV System: NTSC
- Aspect Ratio: 4:3
- Format(s): HD, 1080p
- Available Territories: Worldwide
- Director: Coury Deeb
- Writer(s): Coury Deeb
- Producer(s): Coury Deeb
- Production Co.: Nadus Films
- Cast: Cheez, Gato, Leidy
- Official website: http://bboyforlifemovie.com
- Official Trailer: https://vimeo.com/73628536
- Press Kit:
- Video on-demand:
- Screener Available: Yes
- Film placed: